Dark green leafy vegetables are full of chlorophyll, which is basically liquid sunshine. It is the substance in plants that allows them to absorb light from the sun and convert it into usable energy. When we consume raw dark green vegetables such as kale, spinach, broccoli, and Swiss chard, we fill our body with the equivalent of the plant’s life blood – the very thing that allows a seed to flourish and take form.
Chemically, the blood of the plant, chlorophyll, is very similar to our blood and, when consumed, it helps us to oxygenate and breathe life into every cell. Pretty cool, huh? Chlorophyll is also extremely cleansing and detoxifying.
Here are some other high vibrational foods for you to try:
1. Tree Fruits – try apples, pears, bananas, coconuts, avocados, nectarines, peaches, plums, apricots, oranges, lemons, limes, mangos, pomegranates, blueberries, cherries, and olives.
2. Non-green veggies - try beets, parsnips, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots, and red cabbage.
3. Raw Cacao – chocolate in its pure form has over 1,200 phytonutrients. It contains nutrients like magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, copper, and manganese. It also contains phenylethylamine, which are the feel good characteristics, and theobromine which dilates the cardiovascular system to allow all the benefits to come in.
4. Goji Berries – packed with antioxidants, which can help minimize free radical damage to our cells.
5. Cultured and Fermented Foods –a great source of probiotics, which will help your digestion stay on track.
I firmly believe in the old saying, “You are what you eat.”
junk in = feeling like junk
rich, living, nutrient-dense food = much happier body and mind.
Try my Immune Boosting Energy Smoothie loaded with fresh living rich foods!
Immune Boosting Energy Smoothie
1 1/2 cup non dairy milk
handful of organic baby spinach or baby kale
1 organic orange
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 inch piece fresh ginger
1 tablespoon chia seeds
dash sea salt
sprinkle cacao nibs
Add non dairy milk, baby spinach, orange banana, cacao powder, ginger, chia seeds and salt to a blender in given order. Blend on high for approximately one minute. Pour in glass and top with cacao nibs.
Are you ready to take your health journey to the next level in 2018 and feel amazing all season?
My Vibrant You Winter RESET Detox launches soon.
SAVE THE DATE January 18, 2018
Cheers to your health!