I don't know about you but I LOVE chocolate! But most store bought chocolate is processed and contains refined sugar and other additives that I just don't want to put into my body. So whats a chocolate lover to do? Make her own cacao balls that are "super food packed" and yummilious! It's a family favorite!
Raw Vegan Cacao Balls
Makes approx 24 balls
1 cup almond meal
2 tbsp ground flax seeds (buy here)
1/4 cup coconut oil (buy here)
1/3 cup cacao powder (buy here)
1 tbsp maca powder (buy here)
10-12 dates (pitted and soak for 10 minutes)
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes (buy here)
1/3 cacao nibs (buy here)
1/3 cup mulberries (buy here)
1/3 cup goji berries (buy here)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts buy here
1 tsp sea salt
- Remove pits and soak dates in warm filtered water for 10 minutes
- Place almond meal, flax seed, cacao powder, maca, coconut oil and dates in a food processor, blend until mixture forms a dough-like consistency. (ensure all dates are blended and there are no chunks)
- Add remaining ingredients, blending for 1 – 2 minutes
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Roll mixture into bite size balls
- Place in freezer
- Optional: Can be rolled and coated in coconut for a delicious cacao coconut bliss!
Feel free to change it up by adding your favorite superfoods!
Would love to hear from you! Hope you enjoy!
with love & gratitude,